There are few things more enjoyable than a good massage. However, you probably don’t have as many of them as you should. Massages don’t just feel great, but they’re also very beneficial to your physical and psychological health.
Massage can relieve pain, speed healing, and even reduce anxiety and depression.
There’s more to massage than just a pleasant experience. Massage is a powerful way to enhance your life.
Treat yourself to a massage and enjoy these numerous benefits:
- It feels good. What feels better than a massage? A good masseuse will leave you feeling better than you’ve ever felt. If this were the only benefit massage provided, a massage would still be worth the time and money. But massage has much more to offer.
- A massage can decrease anxiety and depression. If you’ve ever had a massage, you know how relaxing it can be. Studies have shown that receiving a massage on a regular basis can be an effective means of combating anxiety. Interestingly, massage is also used to treat depression.
- Pain reduction. Massage can be healing and can reduce pain. Massage can release endorphins, decrease tightness, and increase blood flow to the area being massaged. These effects have the ability to reduce pain.
- Recover faster from workouts. Professional athletic teams often have a full-time massage therapist. Massage therapy can increase recovery and aid in the prevention of injuries. Luckily, you don’t have to be a professional athlete to get a massage!
- Reduction in severity and frequency of headaches. Chronic headaches respond positively to massage. If you’re struggling with headaches, massage might be the answer you’re looking for.
- Enhanced immunity. Massage boosts your white blood cell count. White blood cells are a critical part of your body’s ability to fight infection. A strong immune system is also linked to longevity.
- A massage is relaxing. It relaxes you through and through – physically and mentally.
- Reduce hypertension. Regular massage has been shown to be an effective treatment for hypertension.
- Improved posture. Massage decreases the tightness and pain that often lead to poor posture. Poor posture continues to get worse unless you do something to combat it. Massage can help.
- Reduce fibromyalgia symptoms. Fibromyalgia is especially responsive to massage. Those with fibromyalgia suffer from pain, anxiety, sleep disturbances, stiffness, and depression. Massage is effective at treating all of these issues.
- Enhanced mood. Massage has demonstrated the ability to alter one’s mood positively. No one walks away from a massage feeling worse about their life.
- You’ll be more flexible. A massage can really loosen you up. Your range of motion is better after a massage than it was before.
- Improved sleep. You’ll find that you sleep like a baby if you’ve had massage recently. You’ll fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly. A massage is relaxing, but it can also wear you out. Both aid in sleep.
Who knew there were so many amazing reasons to get a regular massage?
Massages can be expensive, but there is a solution. There are many educational materials available for anyone wanting to learn how to give an effective massage. You and a friend could do a little research and take turns giving each other a massage a couple of times a week.
Of course, if you have the money, you can always have a professional work their magic. Massage is a great way to enhance your physical and mental health. The fact that it feels so amazing is just a huge bonus.